Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mood board: Natural Glow

For my natural photo shoot I was looking at photos of looks backstage at some Spring/Summer fashion shows for inspiration. I noticed a lot of fresh glowing dewy skin that was slightly bronzed and I thought this would be perfect for my look. Inbeauty magazine is an amazing magazine for detailed pictures of makeup and hair at all the shows during fashion week. The magazine comes out twice a year and is full of inspiration. I'm not sure you can buy it here but theres an app version that comes out six times a year. I would definitely recommend it! Here is my mood board:


The main emphasis of this makeup would be highlighter. My model has great skin so I am thinking of using MAC face and body foundation so I don't cover her skin too much. A tiny bit of concealer to cover any dark circles or blemishes. I want my model to look naturally sculpted so I will probably use a foundation a few shades darker than her skin tone to contour her face or a cream pigment like Hollow from Illamasqua. 
To highlight the skin I think I will stick to cream products and use a cream colour base from MAC like pearl or hush. I prefer using creams because I think they look more natural. If I decide to use a powder I would use soft and gentle MSF from MAC. 
For the eyes I will either leave them bare and just apply mascara and some individual lashes. Or for a more dramatic look I would apply Colour tattoo in bad to the bronze from Maybelline all over the lid and quickly blend towards to the crease. To blend the colour out I would use my contour or bronzer. 
Powder the skin around the t-zone and around the nose. Apply bronzer in a 3 shape on the sides of the face. I will lightly fill in the brows and use a brow gel to keep them in place. 
I practiced this look on a friend to see what products to use and this is how it turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment